Artichoke with Goat's Cheese Veg HT ACC
Serves 4 Hot Vegetarian Vegetables
675g/1½ lb Jerusalem Artichokes, peeled and thickly sliced
1 teasp Lemon Juice
1 tbsp Plain Flour
100g/4oz Goat’s Cheese
1 Egg yolk
Freshly Grated Nutmeg
Salt and pepper
1 tbsp Bread crumbs
1. Preheat the oven to 200C, 400F, Gas Mark 6 and lightly grease an ovenproof
casserole dish. Place the artichokes and lemon juice in a saucepan of boiling
salted water and cook for about 10 minutes until soft.
2. Meanwhile, melt the butter in a medium saucepan, add the flour and cook,
stirring for 2-3 minutes.
3. Gradually add the milk to the flour mixture (roux), stirring constantly and
continue to cook for a few minutes until thickened.
4. Add the goat’s cheese and stir until it has melted then remove from heat, add
the egg yolk, nutmeg, salt and pepper and mix well.
5. Drain the artichoke slices then arrange in the casserole dish, spread the
goat cheese mixture evenly over the artichokes then sprinkle with the
breadcrumbs, and bake for 15 minutes until golden.
More Vegetable Accompaniment Recipes | What's
in Season |
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.
If you've arrived at this page via a search engine, do take a few minutes to
look around the site. We're convinced you'll find lots more excellent recipes
and in depth culinary information covering a wide range of food related topics.