How to Make Mayonnaise
Other Food & Culinary Related Videos
video shows you how to make fresh homemade mayonnaise quickly and easily in step
by step instructions.
Although this version uses an electric hand whisk, the
traditional method of using a balloon whisk is done in the same way,
as is using a food processor.
See below for the recipe which serves 4 but which can be easily
doubled, tripled tor even quadrupled to make more.
A Recipes4us.co.uk Production
Fresh Homemade Mayonnaise
Prep & Cooking time: 15mins
Accompaniment Dressing Sauce Gluten Wheat Free
2 Egg Yolks at room temperature
1 teasp ready Made Mustard
½ teasp Salt
240ml/8fl.oz. Bland Vegetable Oil e.g. corn , groundnut or sunflower
1 tbsp Fresh Lemon Juice or White Wine/Cider Vinegar
1. Place the egg yolks, mustard and salt in a large mixing bowl and mix well.
2. Start whisking in the oil a teaspoon at a time, whisking
well between each addition to incorporate the oil into the egg yolk
3. After you've added half the oil as above, which should
take about 3 minutes, keeping the whisk running constantly at high speed, add
the remaining oil in a slow thin trickle, stopping every once in a while to
collect any mixture which has gone to the sides of the bowl.
4. Once all the oil is added and the mayonnaise is tick and
standing in peaks, add the lemon juice and whisk briefly to incorporate.
5. Transfer to a serving bowl, cover with clingfilm and refrigerate until ready
Will keep covered with clingfilm in the refrigerator for about 3 days.