Liver and Bacon Brochettes
Other Food & Culinary Related Videos
||This video shows you how
to make a quick, easy and economical supper using tender lamb's
liver, seasoned with sage and wrapped in bacon, placed on skewers
and grilled until the bacon is crisp and golden brown.
nice change to kebabs made with more expensive cuts of meat....and
rich in iron too.
A Recipes4us.co.uk Production
Lamb's Liver and Bacon
Prep & Cooking time: 25mins
225g/8oz Sliced Lamb's Liver
1 tbsp Olive Oil or melted Butter
1 teasp Dried Sage or 2 teasp Freshly Chopped sage
A squeeze of Lemon Juice
Salt and Black Pepper
6 Rashers Streaky Bacon
1. Rinse the liver under cold running water, pat dry on kitchen paper then cut
into 12 bite-sized pieces about 5cm/2-inches long. Set aside.
2. Place the olive oil or butter, sage, salt, pepper and lemon juice in a
medium sized mixing bowl and mix until well blended.
3. Add the liver pieces to the bowl and mix well to coat the liver with
the oil and seasonings. Set aside.
4. Cut each rasher of bacon in half widthways and, using the back of a knife,
stretch each piece a little then use to wrap around each piece of liver. Thread
the bacon wrapped pieces of liver onto skewers.
5. Preheat the grill to hot then place the brochettes on the wire grill and cook
for 10-15 minutes, turning frequently and basting with a little live oil.