How to make Asparagus and Pea Risotto
Main Cooking Video Page
||This video shows you how
to make a delicious creamy risotto in easy step by step
See below for the recipe which serves
2 but which can be easily doubled to serve more.
A Recipes4us.co.uk Production
Asparagus and Pea Risotto Recipe
Veg HT Italian 35 minutes
4-6 Asparagus Spears
1 tbsp olive oil
1 shallot, chopped
1 garlic clove, chopped
200g/7oz Risotto Rice
250ml/9fl oz White Wine
600ml/20fl oz Hot Vegetable Stock
50g/2oz Fresh Peas
50g/2oz Freshly Grated Parmesan Cheese
1 tbsp Freshly Chopped Parsley
1 teasp freshly chopped mint
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Place the stock over a low heat to keep it at simmering point.
2. Cut the tips off the asparagus and set aside, then cut the remaining stems
into 6mm/¼- inch slices.
3. Heat the oil in a frying pan and gently fry the shallot, garlic and asparagus
stems until softened but not coloured.
4. Add the rice and sauté gently for one minute, stirring, until completely
coated in the oil.
5. Raise the heat to high then add the wine, bring to the boil and continue to
cook, stirring until most of it has been absorbed by the rice.
6. Reduce the heat to medium then add a ladleful of the simmering vegetable
stock and cook, stirring until the liquid has been completely absorbed.
7. Continue in the same way, adding a ladleful at a time, stirring frequently
and making sure the liquid is absorbed before adding the next ladleful.
8. When you get half way through the stock, add the peas and asparagus tips to
the remaining stock which will be enough time to cook them whilst you continue
adding the stock, still a ladleful at a time.
9. Add the asparagus tips and peas with the last ladleful of stock and cook,
stirring, until it is mostly absorbed and the mixture is creamy without being
10. Remove from the heat and immediately add the butter, parmesan, parsley and
mint. Season, to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper, stir well then
cover and leave to rest for 3 - 5 minutes before serving.