How to make Meatballs
Main Cooking Video Page
This video shows you how
to make perfect meatballs, guaranteed not to fall apart when you
cook them, in easy step by step
This is a basic version but once
you've got the hang of it, you can add your favourite ingredients or
seasonings to make your own secret family meatball recipe.
Perfect Meatballs Recipe
Prep & Cooking time: 30mins
225g/8oz Minced Meat such as Beef, Lamb or Pork
½ a large Onion, grated or very finely chopped
2-3 tbsp Freshly Chopped Parsley (or a mixture) or 1-2 teasp Dried
1 Garlic Clove, finely crushed
1 tbsp Tomato Paste or purée
1 teasp Worcestershire Sauce
Salt and Black Pepper
Flour for coating
Vegetable oil for shallow frying
1. Place all the ingredients apart from the flour and oil in a large mixing bowl
and mix briefly with a knife.
2. Continue to mix well with your hands, squidging the mixture between your
fingers, then form into balls about the size of a large walnut, making
sure you squeeze the mixture firmly to compact each meatball. You should get 12
3. Once all the balls have been made, place the flour on a large plate and roll
each meatball in the flour to give a light coating on all sides, shaking any
excess flour off.
4. Heat the oil in a very large frying pan until hot over a high heat - you only
need enough oil to give a depth of about about 6mm/¼-inch - then add the
meatballs, well spaced apart, and brown well on all sides for 4-5 minutes,
turning them very gently. Do not attempt to turn the meatballs for at least 1
minute to make sure they are well sealed on the under-side.
5. Once the meatballs are well browned on all sides, reduce the heat to medium
and continue to fry for a further 5-10 minutes, turning from time to time.
Alternatively, add the meatballs to your favourite sauce and continue to cook
for a further 10 minutes, spooning the sauce over the meatballs from time to
Excellent served with pasta, rice or creamy mashed potato.