A Recipes4us Production
Christmas Cake Iced Terrine Recipe
Prep time: 10mins plus freezing
275g/10oz (about 2 cups) Fruitcake - fresh or stale, broken up into small
1L/32fl.oz. Vanilla ice cream, softened
1. Line a 20x10cm/8x4” loaf tin with a double layer of clingfilm making sure
you have a 7.5cm/3-inch overhang of clingfilm on all sides. Set aside.
2. In a large bowl mix together the fruitcake and half the ice cream until
well blended. Using a spatula or large knife and a "cutting" motion to mix
3. Place half the cake mixture into the loaf tin, spreading it evenly over
the bottom and making sure you press it well down and into the corners.
4. Place the remaining plain ice cream over the top of that, spreading it
evenly as above then finally place the remaining cake mixture over the top,
again spreading it evenly and pressing down firmly to ensure there aren’t
any air pockets.
5. Fold the clingfilm overhang over the top securely then freeze for at
least 6- 8 hours until completely frozen.
6. To serve - unmold the terrine onto a flat surface, remove the clingfilm
and serve it sliced.