Pork Vegetables Fruit Alcohol Spices Gluten Wheat Dairy Free Eggless
For the Spiced figs
100g/4oz Brown Sugar
180ml/6fl.oz Red Wine
60ml/2fl.oz Balsamic Vinegar
60ml/2fl.oz Fresh Orange Juice
1 teasp Chinese 5-Spice
4 fresh Figs
Approx 225g/8oz cooked Chicken, shredded
4 Slice Prosciutto Ham, halved
Approx 100g/4oz/2 cups Salad Leaves or Rocket
Freshly milled Black Pepper
1. Place the sugar, wine, balsamic vinegar, orange juice and 5 spice in a
small saucepan, bring to the boil then reduce the heat to medium and simmer
for 10 minutes, mixing well with a wooden or plastic spoon.
2. Add the figs and continue to simmer for a further 3-4 minutes or until
the figs soften slightly.
3. Remove the figs with a slotted spoon and set aside then return pan to the
heat, bring back to the boil and continue to boil rapidly for a few minutes
until slightly reduced and syrupy.
4. Remove from heat, return the whole figs to the pan and allow to cool. The
figs can be prepared up to 2 days in advance.
5. When you are ready to serve, remove figs from syrup and halve then
arrange the salad leaves, shredded chicken, prosciutto, chicken and figs
onto individual dinner plates, drizzle with some of the fig syrup, season
well with freshly ground black pepper and serve immediately.
Main Equipment required