A Recipes4us Production
American Blueberry Muffins
Veg CD CBF 40mins
Makes 6 large or 12 small Muffins
Cold Vegetarian Fruit Nuts Cakes
2 tbsp Vegetable Oil
225g/8oz Self Raising Flour
150g/+5oz Sugar (plus extra for sprinkling on top)
A pinch of Salt
100g/4oz Fresh or Frozen Blueberries (no need to defrost)
1. Preheat the oven to 200C, 400F Gas Mark 6 and lightly grease a 6 or 12 hole
2. Place the milk, oil and egg in a small mixing bowl and whisk to thorough
blend. Set aside.
3. Place the flour, sugar, salt and fresh or frozen blueberries in a large mixing bowl and
stir to combine well.
4. Make a well in the centre of the flour mixture then pour in the egg mixture
and stir until just moistened. Do not over mix.
5. Divide the mixture between the greased muffin cups sprinkle with extra
sugar and bake for 20 - 25 minutes, or until a wooden pick inserted in centre
comes out clean.
Remove muffins from tin and cool on a wire rack. Serve warm or cold. Best eaten within 24 hours of
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.