Serves 4 Hot Vegetarian Vegetable Pasta Herbs Spices
Wild Fungi Spring Season Main Course Eggless
2 tbsp Olive Oil
1 Onion, chopped
2 Garlic Cloves, crushed
400g/14oz Fresh Morel Mushrooms, cleaned
360ml/12fl.oz. Whipping Cream
¼ teasp Nutmeg
Salt and Pepper
3 tbsp Freshly Chopped Parsley
2 tbsp Finely Grated Parmesan Cheese
To serve – Extra grated Parmesan Cheese
1. Heat the butter in a large frying pan until hot, add the onions and sauté for
2. Slice the morels in half lengthwise or cut into strips if large then add to
the onions together with the garlic, raise the heat a little and continue to
sauté for 5-7 minutes until the morels have released their juices and most of it
3. Add the cream, nutmeg, salt and pepper, and continue to cook over a
medium-high heat for 5 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, bring a large saucepan of water to the boil, season with plenty of
salt then cook pasta for around 10 minutes until al dente.
5. Add the parmesan cheese and parsley to the morel sauce and continue to cook
for a further 5 minutes until the sauce has thickened and the mushrooms are very
6. To serve – drain the pasta well, divide between 4 individual serving bowls,
pour the morels and sauce over and serve immediately with extra grated parmesan
Vegetarian Recipes | What's
in Season |
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.