Dunlop and Spinach Strudel Veg
MC Scottish 55mins
Main Course Scotland
100g/4oz Leeks, well cleaned and thinly sliced
100g/4oz Fresh Spinach, shredded
100g/4oz Dunlop Cheese, grated
Salt and Pepper
225g/8oz Strudel Pastry
1 Egg, beaten
1. Preheat the oven to 200C, 400F, Gas Mark 6 and lightly oil a
flat baking tray.
2. Melt the butter in a saucepan, add leeks and sauté stirring,
for 5 minutes until softened.
3. Add the spinach and mix well so the spinach just starts to
4. Remove the pan from the heat
add the cheese, a little salt and pepper and mix well. Set aside.
5. Roll the pastry out very thinly into an oblong about
30cm/12-inches wide then spread the spinach mixture thinly over the pastry to
within 2.5cm/1-inch of the edges.
6. Brush the edges of pastry with half the egg
then roll up the pastry starting at one of the short ends.
7. Press the edges firmly together and crimp to seal then lay it
on the baking sheet, seam side down and make diagonal cuts through the top of the pastry through to the filling at
5cm/2 inch intervals, to allow steam to escape during the cooking.
8. Brush the top with the remaining egg
and bake for 30 minutes until
golden brown. Serve hot or cold.
Vegetarian Recipes | What's
in Season |