Veg HT HD PFC Greek
45mins plus chilling
4-8 as part of a mezethes plate
Recipe tags: Hot Vegetarian Vegetables Appetizer Starter
Hors d'oeuvre Party Food Buffet Greece Mediterranean Europe
˝ Onion, finely
1 tbsp Olive
chopped spinach, thawed
1 small Egg,
1. Place the cream cheese and butter in a large mixing bowl
and combine well using a fork.
2. Add the flour to the bowl and cut in using a knife then using
your hands, form into a dough ball. Place in waxed paper and chill
for at least 4 hours.
3. Preheat the oven to 220C, 425F, Gas Mark 7 and line some baking
trays with parchment paper.
4. On a well floured surface, roll the dough out to 8mm/1/3-inch
thickness and cut in 5cm/2-inch rounds with a biscuit cutter spacing
each round on the lines baking sheets. Set aside.
5. Heat the olive oil in a frying pan, add the onion and sauté until
soft and golden.
6. Add the well drained spinach and salt, mix well and cook over a
medium heat for 3-4 minutes, stirring from time to time.
7. Meanwhile, in a mixing bowl, mix together the cheeses and egg
then add spinach mixture and mix well.
8. Place a little of the spinach mixture on each pastry round,
moisten the edges with water then fold over and flute the together
with a fork. Prick the centre of each pasty with the tip of a sharp
knife, place on the baking trays and bake for 15 minutes until
golden brown. Serve warm.
End of instructions