Edible Flower recipes
Fried Courgette Blossoms
Veg HT ACC 20mins
This recipe is particularly useful for dinner parties when
something a little special is required.
Serves 4 Hot Vegetarian
Spices Edible Flowers Blossom Accompaniment Dairy Free
2 Eggs, beaten
½ teasp Salt and Cayenne Pepper (to taste)
12 large Courgette (Zucchini) or Squash Flowers (blossoms)
Oil for shallow frying
1. Place the eggs, flour, water, salt and cayenne pepper in a large mixing bowl
and whisk until well blended.
2. Heat 5cm/2-inches of oil in a large frying pan until hot.
3. Dip each flower into the batter, swirling around until well coated, then fry
for around 30 seconds on each side until golden brown.
4. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on kitchen paper. Serve hot.
More Vegetable Accompaniment Recipes | What's
in Season |
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.
If you've arrived at this page via a search engine, do take a few minutes to
look around the site. We're convinced you'll find lots more excellent recipes
and in depth culinary information covering a wide range of food related topics.