Serves 4 Hot Vegetarian Vegetables
1 Marrow (about 20cm/8 inches long)
50g/2oz Fresh White Breadcrumbs
Salt and Black Pepper
1 tbsp Paprika
1 Egg, beaten
Vegetable Oil for shallow frying
1. Preheat the oven to very low. Peel the marrow, cut widthways into slices
about 12mm/ ½ -inch thick and remove the seeds to make rings.
2. Place the breadcrumbs in a mixing bowl together with the salt, pepper and
paprika and mix well.
3. Brush the marrow rings all over with beaten egg then coat on all sides with
the breadcrumb mixture, pressing the crumbs firmly onto the marrow slices.
4. Heat enough oil in a large frying pan to the depth of 12mm/ ½ -inch to very
hot, then add a few coated marrow slices in one layer, and fry on both sides
until golden brown and tender. Drain on kitchen paper and keep warm in the oven
whilst you fry the remaining slices in the same way.
More Vegetable Accompaniment Recipes | What's
in Season |
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart. Why not print it off for future reference.
Convert all recipes
If you've arrived at this page via a search engine, do take a few minutes to
look around the site. We're convinced you'll find lots more excellent recipes
and in depth culinary information covering a wide range of food related topics.