Braised Sweet Peppers
Serves 4 Hot Vegetarian Vegan
Vegetables Herbs Accompaniment Gluten Wheat Dairy Free Eggless
4 Large Capsicums (Sweet Peppers)
2 tbsp Olive Oil
1 Large Onion, thinly sliced
1 x 400g/14oz tin Chopped Tomatoes
1 tbsp Finely Shredded Basil
Salt and Pepper
1. Preheat the grill to hot then grill the capsicums close to the heat source
for a few minutes until the skins are well blistered on all sides.
2. Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large frying pan, add the onion and sauté over a
medium heat until golden brown, stirring from time to time.
3. Remove the peppers from the heat, rub the skins off then cut each pepper into
6 pieces lengthways and remove the seeds. Set aside.
4. Add the garlic to the onions and fry for 2 minutes, stirring.
5. Mix in the whole contents of the tin of tomatoes, capsicum pieces, basil,
salt and pepper, mix well and cook, uncovered, for about 10 minutes, stirring
from time to time.
More Capsicum Recipes | What's
in Season |
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart. Why not print it off for future reference.
Convert all recipes
If you've arrived at this page via a search engine, do take a few minutes to
look around the site. We're convinced you'll find lots more excellent recipes
and in depth culinary information covering a wide range of food related topics.