Asparagus with Capers
Recipe Tags: Hot Vegetarian
Gluten Wheat Dairy Free
350g/12oz Fresh Asparagus Spears
Salt and Pepper
2 tbsp Olive Oil
1 large Garlic Clove, very thinly sliced
1 tbsp Capers, drained and roughly chopped
The juice of 1 Orange
1. Preheat the oven to 200C, 400F, Gas Mark 6 and bring
a large saucepan of salted water to
the boil. Add the asparagus and
cook for 3-5 minutes until tender-crisp.
2. Drain the asparagus, refresh under cold running
water and dry on kitchen paper.
3. Pour the oil into a shallow roasting tin then add
the dried asparagus turning to coat well on all sides.
4. Scatter the garlic slivers and capers over the top
of the asparagus and roast for 8-10 minutes until the asparagus is just
beginning to browned and cooked through.
5. To serve - sprinkle with the orange juice, season with salt and pepper
and serve immediately.
End of instructions