Vegan Apple Dumplings HT
Veg DP 60mins
Hot Vegetarian Vegan
Fruit Dessert Pudding Dairy free Eggless
Potatoes, peeled and chopped
1/2 teasp Salt
2 teasp Ground
1. Place the potatoes in a large pan of salted water . Bring to the boil then
cook for 20 minutes or until very soft. Drain well, reserving the cooking liquid
for use later in the recipe, then return to the pan and mash until quite smooth
- do not mash too much. Allow to cool.
2. Add the maple syrup to the mashed potato and mix well then slowly add the
flour to make a dough that's not too thick, but not too sticky either.
3. Cut the apples into quarters, remove the core and seeds then cut each
quarter in half (16 pieces in all).
4. Divide the dough into 16 portions and flatten each portion with your hand
on a floured worksurface. Place a piece of fruit in
centre of each dough portion, gather up the edges to seal then roll each portion
into ball, completely encasing each piece of fruit. Repeat process to make 16
5. Bring potato water that was set aside earlier back to a boil in a very
large saucepan, with extra water if necessary to 3/4 fill the pan. Add the oil.
6. Drop 8 of the dumplings carefully into the boiling water, keeping it at a
rolling boil, and cook until they float to the surface. Remove with a slotted
spoon and keep warm whist you cook the remainder of the dumplings.
7. To serve - Sprinkle the dumplings with cinnamon and serve warm.
free Recipes |
Egg Free Recipes
Gluten Free Recipes |
Overseas Visitors: If
you're more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most
comprehensive weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid
ingredients and liquids - so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your
preference. Click here to go to the
chart. Why not print it off for future reference.