Course Vegan Vegetarian Eggless Gluten Wheat
1 Onion, halved
peeled and coarsely grated
Olive Oil for
Black Eyed Beans, drained
1 tbsp Freshly
1 small Red Chili,
deseeded and finely chopped
2 Garlic Cloves,
2 tbsp balsamic
The Juice and zest
of 1/2 lime
Salt and Black
1. Heat a little oil in a frying pan ass the onion and sauté gently until it
just begins to soften.
2. Dry the grated potato thoroughly between layers of kitchen paper then
place in a large mixing bowl together with the cooked onion. Mix well then shape
into 4 patties.
3. Add a little more oil to the pan (to a depth of no more than 6mm/ 1/4
inch) and heat gently.
4. Place the potato rosti in the oil and allow them to cook gently on one
side for 10 minutes until golden.
5. Turn and cook second side for a further 10 minutes, making sure to keep
the heat low to enable the centres to be cooked through without burning the
6. Meanwhile, place the remaining ingredients in a large mixing bowl and mix
7. Raise the heat under the frying pan and when very hot, turn the rosti once
more to crisp the other side for 1-2 minutes.
8. To serve - transfer the rosti to a serving platter and top with the salsa.