Serves 4-6 Hot
Seafood Shellfish Dairy Free Main Course
seafood e.g. Calamares (squid), prawns, scallops
2 tbsp Baking
Salt and Black
Cold Carbonated Water
Vegetable oil for
1. Prepare the seafood, cut into even sized pieces if necessary, wash and dry
well. The prawns and scallops can be left whole if they are not too large.
2. Heat the deep fryer to 190C, 375F.
3. Place the flours, baking powder and water in a large mixing bowl, season
with plenty of salt and black pepper and mix until blended. Do not over mix:
there should still little lumps of flour left as this adds to the texture of the
4. Coat the seafood pieces with a little flour then dip into the batter.
5. Deep fry in batches, for 2-3 minutes only until lightly golden brown and
crispy. Drain on kitchen paper. Serve immediately.
free Recipes |
Egg Free Recipes
Gluten Free Recipes |
Overseas Visitors: If
you're more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most
comprehensive weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid
ingredients and liquids - so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your
preference. Click here to go to the
chart. Why not print it off for future reference.
Convert all recipes written in metric or
imperial quickly and easily. Metric/imperial users can do the same but the
other way round - from cups to grams or ounces.
If you've arrived at this page via a search engine, do take a few minutes to
look around the site. We're convinced you'll find lots more excellent recipes
and in depth culinary information covering a wide range of food related topics.