London Particular HT
Serves 4 Hot Pork Vegetables Pulses Soup Soups Starter
Gluten Wheat free Eggless England British Europe
1 Small Onion,
1 Carrot, chopped
1 small Stick
Split Peas, presoaked
Fresh Chicken or Ham Stock
Salt and Pepper
3 tbsp Natural
1. Melt the butter in a large saucepan, add the bacon, onions, carrots
and celery and cook for 10 minutes.
2. Add the split peas and stock, bring to the boil then reduce the heat,
cover and simmer for 1 hour, stirring from time to time.
3. Allow to cool a little, transfer to a food processor or liquidiser and
blend until smooth.
4. Return to the pan, adjust the seasoning and stir in the yogurt. Heat
constantly and hot. Serve immediately.
Soup Recipes |
Hors d'oeuvre Recipes
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart. Why not print it off for future reference.
Convert all recipes written in metric or imperial quickly and easily. Metric/imperial users can do the same but the other way round - from
cups to grams or ounces.
If you've arrived at this page via a search engine, do take a few minutes to
look around the site. We're convinced you'll find lots more excellent recipes
and in depth culinary information covering a wide range of food related topics.