Chestnut and Rice Soup Veg
HT SP 75mins
Serves 4 Hot Vegetarian Hors
d'oeuvre Starter Appetiser Gluten Wheat Free Eggless
Chestnuts, shelled and skinned
75g/3oz Long Grain
1. Place the chestnuts in a saucepan together with the stock and a little
salt. Bring to the boil then reduce the heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
2. Remove half the chestnuts with a slotted spoon and set aside. Add the rice
to the remaining chestnuts and simmer for 10 minutes
3. Meanwhile, transfer the removed chestnuts to a food processor or blender.
Process until smooth. Set aside.
4. Add the chestnut puree, milk and butter to the rice mixture in the pan,
mix well and continue to simmer for a further 10 minutes, stirring from time to
5. Adjust the seasoning and add a pinch of cinnamon. Serve hot.
Soup Recipes |
Hors d'oeuvre Recipes
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.
If you've arrived at this page via a search engine, do take a few minutes to
look around the site. We're convinced you'll find lots more excellent recipes
and in depth culinary information covering a wide range of food related topics.