Chestnut and Apple Soup
HT SP HD English
Serves 4 Hot Fruit
Nuts Soups Hors
d'oeuvre Starter Appetiser Gluten Wheat Free Eggless
Chestnuts, peeled and skinned
2 Sticks Celery,
Fresh Chicken Stock
Smith Apples, peeled cored and chopped
Salt and Pepper
1. Place the chestnuts, celery and stock in a large saucepan, bring to the
boil then cook over a medium heat for 20 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, melt the butter in a frying pan, add the apple and cook,
stirring, until softened. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Remove the chestnuts and celery from the pan with a slotted spoon
(reserving the cooking liquor) and transfer to a food processor or blender
together with the cooked apple. Process until smooth.
4. Return the purée to the reserved stock, mix well and heat through.
5. To serve - remove the pan from the heat, add the cream, adjust the
seasoning and mix well. Serve immediately.
Soup Recipes |
Hors d'oeuvre Recipes
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.
If you've arrived at this page via a search engine, do take a few minutes to
look around the site. We're convinced you'll find lots more excellent recipes
and in depth culinary information covering a wide range of food related topics.