Tomato Anise Soup
Veg HT SP 70mins
Serves 4-6 Hot Vegetable Vegetables Vegetarian Vegan Soup Gluten Wheat Dairy Free
2 tbsp Vegetable Oil
1large Onion, chopped
2 Sticks of Celery (including leaves), chopped
1 large Carrot, chopped
900g/ 2lb Tomatoes, peeled and chopped
960ml/32fl.oz. Fresh Vegetable Stock
6 whole Star Anise
1 level tbsp freshly chopped Parsley
1. Heat the oil in a large saucepan, add the onion and sauté over a medium heat,
stirring from time to time, for 6-8 minutes until soft and transparent.
2. Add the celery and carrot and continue to cook for a further 5 minutes,
stirring from time to time, until the vegetables begin to brown.
3. Add the tomatoes together with their juice, stock, whole star anises and
parsley, mix well and bring to almost boiling point. Reduce the heat, cover and
simmer for 40 minutes.
4. Remove the star anise, allow to cool a little then transfer to a liquidizer
and process until smooth.
5. Return to the rinsed out saucepan and re-heat. Serve hot.
Soup Recipes |
Hors d'oeuvre Recipes
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.