2 tbsp Olive Oil
1 Large Onion, chopped
2 Garlic Cloves, crushed
450g/1lb Sweet Potato, peeled and diced
A few sprigs of Thyme
960ml/32fl.oz. Fresh Vegetable Stock
Salt and Black Pepper
1 large Capsicum (Sweet pepper)
2 tbsp Lemon Juice
1. Heat the oil in a large saucepan, add the onion and garlic and sauté gently
for 5 minutes until soft and transparent.
2. Add the sweet potato mixing well then cover and cook very gently for 5
3. Add the thyme, stock, salt and pepper, mix well and bring to the boil. Reduce
the heat, partially cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until the potatoes are
4. Meanwhile preheat the grill to hot. Cut the pepper in half and remove the
seeds then place cut side down on the grill pan and cook until the skins are
5. Place them in a plastic bag and allow them cool a little then peel off the
skins and chop. Set aside.
6. Once the potatoes are very tender, allow to cool a little then transfer to a
food processor or blender together with the chopped peppers and process until
7. Return the soup to the rinsed out pan, stir in the lemon juice and reheat
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.