HT SP MC 60mins
Serves 4 - 6 Hot
Seafood Shellfish Fish Pork Vegetables Spices
Herbs Soup Main Course Eggless
1 tbsp Olive Oil
100g/4oz Rindless Streaky bacon, chopped
1 Large Onion, chopped
1 level tbsp Plain Flour
600ml/20fl.oz Fresh Fish Stock
1 Bouquet Garni
4 medium- Potatoes, diced
Salt and Pepper
¼ teasp Cayenne Pepper
450g/1lb firm white fish e.g. Haddock, Monkfish,
150ml/5fl.oz. Single Cream
300g/11oz Cooked Shellfish e.g. Mussels, Prawns,
A squeeze of Lemon Juice
1. Heat the butter and oil in a large saucepan add the
bacon and sauté over a medium heat until browned and going crispy.
2. Add the onion and sauté over a low heat for 3-5
minutes until soft and transparent.
3. Sprinkle in the flour and cook over a medium heat ,
stirring for 1-2 minutes.
4. Gradually add the stock a little at a time stirring
constantly then add the milk, bouquet garni, salt, pepper and cayenne, mix
well then cover and simmer for 20 minutes
5. Add the potatoes and cook for 5 minutes.
6. Meanwhile, cut the fish into 2.5cm /1-inch cubes
removing any bones or skin then add to the saucepan and simmer gently for 4-5
7. Add the cream, shellfish and lemon juice and bring
to the boil, stirring. Adjust the seasoning if necessary and serve immediately.
Soup Recipes |
Hors d'oeuvre Recipes