Roquefort and Cauliflower Soup
Veg HT SP
Serves 4-6 Hot Vegetarian
Vegetables Soups Starters Eggless
A little Olive Oil
1 Onion, chopped
1 Large Potato, diced
1 Medium Cauliflower, chopped
1.2L/40fl.oz. Vegetable Stock or Water
Salt and Black Pepper
225g/8oz Roquefort Cheese, crumbled
1. Heat the butter and olive oil in a large saucepan , add the onions and
sauté gently for about 5 minutes until soft and golden.
2. Add the potato, cauliflower, stock, salt and pepper, bring to the boil
stirring, then reduce the heat, partially cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes.
3. Allow to cool a little then transfer to a blender or food
processor and process until smooth.
4. Return to the saucepan and reheat adding a little more stock if necessary.
5. Once very hot, remove from the heat, immediately add the the Roquefort and
stir until the cheese has melted. Serve immediately.
Soup Recipes | What's
in Season |
More Cheese Recipes
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.
If you've arrived at this page via a search engine, do take a few minutes to
look around the site. We're convinced you'll find lots more excellent recipes
and in depth culinary information covering a wide range of food related topics.