Portuguese Green Soup HT SP Portuguese 50mins
Portuguese name: Caldo Verde
Serves 4 Hot Vegetable
Pork Soup Gluten Wheat Dairy free Portugal Europe
2 tbsp Olive Oil
1 large Onion, chopped
2 Garlic Cloves, thinly sliced
150g/+5oz Chouriço Sausage, diced
3 large Potatoes, peeled and diced
400g/14oz Kale or Collard Greens, cut into very fine strips (julienne)
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan, add the onions and cook for about 5
minutes until soft and transparent, stirring from time to time.
2. Add the garlic and half the chouriço and cook, stirring for 2 minutes.
3. Add the potatoes and water, bring to a boil then reduce the heat, and simmer
for 15-20 minutes or until the potatoes are tender.
4. Allow the soup to cool a little then transfer to a food processor or
liquidiser and process until smooth.
5. Return the soup to the saucepan together with the greens, salt and pepper,
bring back to a boil, stirring then reduce the heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
6. To serve – transfer to serving bowls and garnish with the remaining cubes of
Soup Recipes |
Hors d'oeuvre Recipes
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.
If you've arrived at this page via a search engine, do take a few minutes to
look around the site. We're convinced you'll find lots more excellent recipes
and in depth culinary information covering a wide range of food related topics.