HT SP Scottish 30mins
Serves 4 Hot Shellfish Seafood
Grains Soup Gluten Wheat Free Eggless Scotland British Europe
50g/2oz long Grain White Rice
600ml/20fl.oz Fish Stock
1 large cooked Crab
120ml/4fl.oz. Single Cream
Salt and Pepper
Freshly chopped Chives or Parsley
1. Place the rice in a large saucepan together with the milk and stock, bring
to the boil then reduce the heat and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until tender.
2. Meanwhile, remove all the meat from the crab, keeping the white meat from the
3. Once the rice is tender, allow to cool a little then transfer the entire
contents of the saucepan to a food processor or blender together with the dark
meat from the crab and process until smooth. You may have to do this in batches.
4. Return the mixture to the rinsed out saucepan together with the white meat
and cream and reheat gently, stirring.
5. Season with salt and plenty of pepper to taste. Serve garnished with finely
More Crab Recipes |
More Soup Recipes | More
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.