Orange Blueberry Soup
Veg CD SP 25mins plus chilling
Serves 4 Cold Vegetarian Fruit Soups Gluten Wheat free
275g/10oz Fresh or Frozen Blueberries
720ml/24fl.oz. Orange Juice
25g/1oz Brown Sugar
1 x 2-inch Cinnamon stick
1 tbsp Cornflour
2 tbsp Water
1 tbsp Grated Orange Zest
4 tbsp Plain Yoghurt or Crème Frâiche to garnish
Mint leaves to garnish (optional)
1. Place the blueberries, orange juice, brown sugar and cinnamon in a large
saucepan and bring to the boil mixing well.
2. Reduce the heat then simmer for 10 minutes, stirring from time to time.
3. Dissolve cornflour with the water and gradually stir into blueberry mixture.
Raise the heat and cook, stirring constantly, until clear and lightly thickened.
4. Allow to get cold then remove the cinnamon stick, transfer to a bowl and
chill for 6-8 hours.
Just before serving, swirl in the yogurt or add a dollop of crème frâiche and
garnish with the mint if using.
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.