Serves 4 Hot Soups Poultry
Gluten Wheat Dairy Free Eggless Portugal Europe
675g/1 ˝ lb Chicken quarters
100g/4oz Chicken Giblets, chopped
2 Onions, finely chopped
1 Stick of Celery , finely chopped
2 Bay leaves
150g/+5oz Long Grain Rice
1 tbsp Lemon Juice
10 Mint leaves, finely chopped
Freshly ground black pepper
1. Place the chicken portions in a large saucepan together with the giblets,
water, onions, celery, salt and bay leaves. Bring to the boil then reduce the
heat to very low, cover and simmer for 2 hours.
2. Remove the chicken from the pan and set aside.
3. Add the rice to the soup, stir well and continue to simmer for 10 minutes,
stirring from time to time.
4. Meanwhile, remove the skin and bones from the chicken then cut the meat into
5. Add the chicken meat to the soup together with the lemon juice and continue
to cook over a low heat for a further 15-20 minutes, until the rice is very
6. To serve – sprinkle with the mint and serve immediately.
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.