Maple-Roasted Parsnip Soup
HT SP 65mins
Serves 4 Hot
Vegetable Vegetables Soups Gluten Wheat
450g/1lb Parsnips, peeled and diced
˝ Onion, roughly chopped
1 Carrot, diced
1 Garlic Clove, crushed
2 teasp freshly chopped Thyme
Salt and Black Pepper
1 tbsp Maple Syrup
1L/35fl.oz. Fresh Chicken stock
4tbsp Double Cream
1. Preheat the oven to 200C, 400F, Gas Mark 7, placing a shallow baking tin
containing the butter in the oven for the last 5 minutes of its pre-heating.
2. Add the parsnips, carrots, onion and garlic to the melted butter in the
baking tin, toss to coat and roast for about 20 minutes or until golden brown.
3. Add the thyme, salt and pepper mix well then drizzle the maple syrup over the
top and continue to cook for a further 10 minutes until the vegetables have
4. Transfer all the roasted vegetables to a large saucepan together with the
stock, bring to the boil over a medium heat, mixing well, then reduce the heat
and simmer for 10 minutes.
5. Add the cider to the pan, mix well then transfer the soup into a blender or
food processor and process until smooth.
6. Strain back into the rinsed out pan through a fine sieve, bring back to
7. To serve – transfer to soup bowls and swirl a little cream into each bowl.