HT SP Malaysian
Serves 4 Hot Poultry Seafood
Shellfish Soup Malaysia Asian South East Asia
For the red curry paste
4 Red Chillies
4 Stalks of Lemon Grass, chopped
6 Garlic Cloves, chopped
1 x 2.5cm/1-inch piece Fresh Galangal
1 Medium Onion, chopped
1 teasp Ground Turmeric
1 teasp Shrimp Paste
1 teasp Palm Sugar
3 tbsp Vegetable Oil
4 Shallots , chopped
4 Garlic Cloves, chopped
300ml/10fl.oz. Coconut Milk
300ml/10fl.oz. Fish Stock
6 Kaffir Lime Leaves
4 tbsp Ground Roasted Peanuts
225g/8oz Cooked Chicken meat, shredded
8 Cooked peeled Prawns
350g/12oz fine Rice Noodles
Freshly chopped coriander to garnish
1. Place all the ingredients for the red curry paste in a blender or food
processor and process until smooth.
2. Heat the oil in a large saucepan add the curry paste, shallots and garlic and
fry over a medium heat for about 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
3. Add the coconut milk and stock, bring to the boil stirring, then reduce the
heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
4. Add the kaffir lime leaves, peanuts, chicken and prawns mix well and continue
to cook for 10 minutes.
5. Meanwhile, cook the noodles in plenty of water until just tender. Drain well.
6. To serve - place the noodles in a large bowl, top with the chicken and
prawns, then pour the soup over and garnish with the coriander. Serve
Soup Recipes |
Hors d'oeuvre Recipes
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.