Chowder HT SP 50mins
Serves 4-6 Hot Fish Pork Vegetables
Herbs Soups Gluten Wheat Free Eggless
4 Rashers Streaky Bacon, coarsely chopped
1 Onion, sliced
4 Medium Potatoes, peeled and cubed
2 Carrots, sliced
Salt and White Pepper
450g/1lb Halibut Fillets, cut into 2.5cm/1-inch chunks
1 tbsp Freshly chopped Parsley
1. Heat a large saucepan until very hot, add the bacon and fry until crispy.
Remove from the pan with a slotted spoon and drain on kitchen paper. Set aside.
2. Reheat any bacon fat left in the pan, adding enough oil to make to 1
tablespoon if necessary. Add onions and cook for 5 minutes or until
softened, stirring from time to time.
3. Add the potatoes, carrots, water, salt and pepper, bring to boil, then reduce
heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
4. Add the halibut, mix well and continue to simmer for a further 5 minutes or until
fish is cooked through.
5. Add the cream and heat through. Adjust the seasoning and serve hot garnished
with the bacon and parsley.
Soup Recipes |
Hors d'oeuvre Recipes
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart. Why not print it off for future reference. Metric/imperial users can do the same but the other way round - from
cups to grams or ounces.
If you've arrived at this page via a search engine, do take a few minutes to
look around the site. We're convinced you'll find lots more excellent recipes
and in depth culinary information covering a wide range of food related topics.