Veg HT SP French 120mins
Serves 4 Hot Vegetarian Vegetables Herbs
Soups Starter Gluten Wheat Free Eggless France
225g/8oz Split Peas, pre-soaked
2 Onions, chopped
2 Leeks, sliced
225g/8oz Celeriac, peeled and diced
100g/4oz Spinach or Sorrel
1.5L/50fl.oz. Fresh Vegetable Stock
Salt and Black Pepper
1. Drain the soaked peas, place in a saucepan, cover with fresh water and bring
to the boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 90 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, heat the butter in a
large saucepan, add the onions, leeks and celeriac , cover and sauté gently for
15 minutes, stirring from time to time.
3. Add the spinach or sorrel, stock,
salt and pepper to the onion mixture, bring to the boil mixing well, then
reduce the heat and simmer for 25 minutes.
4. Once the peas are tender, drain
most of the water off then transfer the peas to a blender or food processor and
process until very smooth.
5. Add the pea purée to the onion
mixture, adjust the seasoning and heat through before serving.
Soup Recipes |
Hors d'oeuvre Recipes
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.