HT SP MC Ghanaian 90mins
Serves 4 Hot Poultry Nuts Vegetables Spices Soup Main
Course Gluten Wheat Dairy Free Eggless Ghana Africa
4 Chicken Quarters, halved
1 Large Onion, chopped
1.2L/40fl.oz. Warm water
175g/6oz Smooth Peanut Butter
Salt and Black Pepper
1 teasp Curry Powder
1 Heaped tbsp Tomato Paste
1. Heat a large saucepan until hot, add the chicken pieces and onions and cook
over a high heat, turning from time to time, until lightly browned on all sides.
2. Meanwhile, dissolve the peanut butter in the warm water then stir in the
salt, pepper, curry powder and tomato paste.
3. Once the chicken is golden brown, add the peanut butter mixture to the pan,
stir well and bring to the boil and cook over a high heat for 20 minutes.
Stirring from time to time.
4. Reduce the heat, partially cover and simmer for a further 1 hour, stirring
from time to time. Serve hot.
Soup Recipes | Summer Recipes
in Season |
More Moroccan Recipes
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.
If you've arrived at this page via a search engine, do take a few minutes to
look around the site. We're convinced you'll find lots more excellent recipes
and in depth culinary information covering a wide range of food related topics.