Cream of Brussels Sprout Soup
Veg HT SP 35mins
Serves 6 Hot Vegetarian Vegetable Soup Starter
Hors d'ouevre Appetiser Gliuten Wheat Free Eggless
1 Onion, chopped
2 medium Potatoes, peeled and cubed
450g/1lb 4oz Brussels Sprouts, trimmed
600ml/20fl.oz. Fresh Chicken or Vegetable Stock
The juice and zest of half a lemon
Salt and Pepper
¼ teasp freshly grated Nutmeg
¼ teasp Ground Cloves
120ml/4fl.oz. Single Cream
50g/2oz Toasted Flaked Almonds to serve
1. Melt the butter in a large saucepan add the onion and potatoes and sauté
over a medium heat for about 10 minutes, turning frequently.
2. Add the remaining ingredients apart from the cream and almonds, mix well,
cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until the potatoes are cooked and the sprouts
3. Remove from the heat, allow to cool a little then transfer to a blender or
food processor and process until smooth. Alternatively, pass through a sieve.
4. Return to the rinsed out saucepan together with the cream and reheat over
a very low heat, stirring constantly. Do not allow the soup to come to the boil.
5. To Serve - transfer to individual soup bowls or plates and sprinkle with
the toasted almonds. Serve hot.
Soup Recipes |
Hors d'oeuvre Recipes
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.