HT SP Cajun Creole 70mins
Serves 4 Hot Seafood Shellfish Soup Starter Eggless
Louisiana Nth America North American
450g/1lb Raw Crayfish (Crawfish) Tails (in shell)
1/2 teasp Salt
2 Onions, thinly sliced
1 Medium Potato, diced
1 Large Carrot, finely diced
1 tbsp Margarine
3 tbsp Plain Flour
˝ teasp Cayenne Pepper
1 teasp Dried Parsley
1. Place the crayfish and water in a large saucepan, bring to the boil then
reduce the heat, partially cover and cook for 5 minutes.
2. Drain the crayfish, reserving the liquid then shell the tails and chop the
flesh coarsely. Set aside.
3. Return the cooking liquor to the saucepan together with the onion, potato and
carrots. Season with salt then bring to simmering point, cover and cook for 10
4. Add the chopped crayfish and cook for a further 5 minutes or until potato is
5. Meanwhile, melt the margarine in large saucepan, add the flour, mix well and
cook over a medium heat for 2-3 minutes.
5. Gradually add the milk stirring constantly and cook for about 5 minutes or
6. Pour the milk mixture into crayfish mixture together with the cayenne pepper
and parsley and continue to cook for a further 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
Soup Recipes |
Hors d'oeuvre Recipes
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.