Colombian Avocado Soup Veg HT SP
Colombian Name: Sopa De Aguacate Y Papas
Serves 4–6 Hot
Vegetables Herbs Starter Appetiser Gluten Wheat Free
Eggless Colombia Sth. American South
600ml/20fl.oz. Fresh Vegetable Stock
2 Leeks, (white part only) sliced thinly
2 Medium Potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
210ml/7fl.oz. Double Cream
Salt and Pepper
2 Small Avocados, peeled, stoned and chopped
Freshly chopped Coriander (cilantro) to garnish
1. Heat stock in a medium saucepan and add leeks and potatoes, bring to the
then reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes or until the potatoes are very
2. Allow to cool a little then transfer to a blender or food processor and
process until very smooth.
3. Return to the saucepan and stir in the cream.
4. Place the avocado in a blender or food processor and process to a puree.
5. Remove the soup from the heat, add the avocado puree, stir well garnish with
Soup Recipes |
Hors d'oeuvre Recipes
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart. Why not print it off for future reference.
Convert all recipes written in metric or imperial quickly and easily. Metric/imperial users can do the same but the other way round - from
cups to grams or ounces.
If you've arrived at this page via a search engine, do take a few minutes to
look around the site. We're convinced you'll find lots more excellent recipes
and in depth culinary information covering a wide range of food related topics.