Chicken and Squash Soup
HT SP Fijian 50mins
Gluten Wheat Dairy Free Eggless
2 tbsp Cooking Oil
1 Onion, chopped
2 Large Chicken Breasts, diced
2 tbsp Lime Juice
2 Tomatoes, chopped
675g/1-½ lbs Pumpkin, peeled and sliced
120ml/4fl.oz. Coconut Cream
1. Heat the oil in a large saucepan, add the onions and
sauté for about 5 minutes until softened.
2. Add the
chicken to the pan and cook over a medium heat for 10 minutes, stirring from
time to time.
3. Add the water, lime juice and salt, bring to the
boil then reduce the heat, cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
4. Add the tomatoes, pumpkin and coconut cream and
bring to the boil, stirring.
5. Immediately remove from the heat and serve hot.
Traditionally served as a main course with boiled taro
Soup Recipes |
Hors d'oeuvre Recipes
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.
If you've arrived at this page via a search engine, do take a few minutes to
look around the site. We're convinced you'll find lots more excellent recipes
and in depth culinary information covering a wide range of food related topics.