Chicken and Cheese Soup
HT SP Venezuelan 60mins
Venezuelan Name: Chupe Criollo
Serves 4-6 Hot Poultry Soup Gluten Wheat Free Eggless Venezuela Sth America South American
1 tbsp Oil
1 Onion, finely chopped
4 Garlic Cloves, finely chopped
1 teasp ground Cumin
50g/2oz freshly chopped Coriander (cilantro)
2 Chicken Breasts, cubed
3 Potatoes, peeled and diced
1 x 275g/13oz tin Sweet Corn Kernels, drained
175g/6oz Mozzarella Cheese, cubed
1. Heat the oil in a large saucepan, add the onions, garlic, cumin and half of
the coriander and fry until browned.
2. Add the chicken and fry for 5 minutes, stirring from time to time.
3. Add the water, season with salt and cook over a medium heat for 15 minutes.
4. Remove the chicken with a slotted spoon, shred it into very small pieces then
return to the pan together with the potatoes, bring to the boil then reduce the
heat and simmer for about 15 minutes or until the potatoes are tender.
5. Add the corn and the remaining coriander and milk, mix well adding more salt
if necessary. Bring back to simmering point.
6. Remove from the heat, add the cheese and serve immediately.
Soup Recipes |
Hors d'oeuvre Recipes
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.