Celery Garlic Soup
HT SP Tunisian 80mins
Tunisian Name: Lablabi
Serves 4-6 Hot Pulses Vegetables Soups Gluten Wheat Dairy
free Eggless Tunisia Nth Africa North African
6 tbsp Olive Oil
6 Garlic Cloves, finely chopped
350g/12oz Chickpeas, pre-soaked overnight
2.2L/80fl.oz. Fresh Chicken Stock
2 Onions, finely chopped
3 Carrots, finely chopped
6 Sticks of Celery, finely chopped
Salt and Pepper
The Juice of 1 Lemon
3 tbsp freshly chopped Coriander (Cilantro)
1. Heat half of the olive oil in a large saucepan, add the garlic and sautéed
gently for 2 minutes.
2. Add the chickpeas and stock, bring to the boil then reduce the heat and
simmer for 1 hour or until the chickpeas are tender.
3. Meanwhile, heat the remaining oil in a frying pan add the onion, carrots and
celery, mix well to coat then reduce the heat, cover and cook for 20 minutes,
stirring from time to time. Set aside
4. Once the chickpeas are tender, add the onion mixture together with salt,
pepper, the lemon juice and coriander. Mix well and cook for 5 minutes. Serve
Soup Recipes |
Hors d'oeuvre Recipes
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.
If you've arrived at this page via a search engine, do take a few minutes to
look around the site. We're convinced you'll find lots more excellent recipes
and in depth culinary information covering a wide range of food related topics.