Bread Soup HT
SP Portuguese 40mins
Portuguese name: Asordo
Serves 4 Hot shellfish seafood
Soup Portugal Europe
225g/8oz Stale White Bread
3 Garlic Cloves, finely chopped
2 tbsp Olive Oil
1.1L/40fl.oz. Chicken stock
100g/4oz Cooked peeled Prawns (Shrimp)
1-2 teasp Hot Red Pepper Sauce
2 Eggs (raw)
Freshly chopped Parsley
1. Break the bread up into small pieces place in a shallow dish, just cover with
cold water and leave to soak for 5 minutes until softened.
2. Squeeze out as much of the water as possible and set the bread aside.
3. Heat the oil in a large saucepan, add the garlic and sauté until just
beginning to brown.
4. Add the stock, bring to a simmer then add the bread and cook gently for about
10 minutes, stirring from time to time, or until the bread completely breaks
down forming a soup.
5. Add the prawns, salt and pepper sauce to taste and cook, stirring for a
further 5 minutes.
5. To serve - transfer the soup in a serving bowl, sprinkle with the parsley
then break the eggs on top of the soup. Once at the table, stir the eggs into
the soup just before serving.
Soup Recipes |
Hors d'oeuvre Recipes
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart. Why not print it off for future reference.
Convert all recipes written in metric or imperial quickly and easily. Metric/imperial users can do the same but the other way round - from
cups to grams or ounces.
If you've arrived at this page via a search engine, do take a few minutes to
look around the site. We're convinced you'll find lots more excellent recipes
and in depth culinary information covering a wide range of food related topics.