Black Bean Soup Veg HT SP Venezuelan 130mins plus soaking
Venezuelan Name: Sopa de Frijoles Negros
Serves 4-6 Hot Vegetarian Soup Gluten Wheat
Dairy free Eggless Venezuela Sth America South American
450g/1lb Black Beans
1 tbsp Oil
1 large onion, chopped
2 Garlic Cloves, chopped
1 Capsicum (Sweet pepper), chopped
1 stick Celery, chopped
1.8L/60fl.oz. Stock or Water
Salt and pepper to taste
2 tbsp freshly chopped Coriander
1. Place the bean in a large saucepan, cover with plenty of cold water and leave
to soak overnight.
2. Drain the beans, rinse well then return to the pan, cover with plenty of cold
water, bring to the boil then reduce the heat partially cover the pan and simmer
for about 1˝ hours, until then begin to soften.
3. Heat the oil in a frying pan, add the onion, garlic, capsicum and celery and
fry until softened.
4. Drain the softened beans and return to the rinsed out saucepan together the
onion mixture and stock. Mix well and season with salt and pepper.
5. Bring back to the boil then reduce the heat and simmer for 20-30 minutes,
stirring from time to time.
6. Just before serving, stir in the coriander. Serve hot.
Soup Recipes |
Hors d'oeuvre Recipes
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart. Why not print it off for future reference.
Convert all recipes written in metric or imperial quickly and easily. Metric/imperial users can do the same but the other way round - from
cups to grams or ounces.
If you've arrived at this page via a search engine, do take a few minutes to
look around the site. We're convinced you'll find lots more excellent recipes
and in depth culinary information covering a wide range of food related topics.