Asparagus Soup Veg HT SP English 35mins
Hot Vegetarian Vegetables Soup Eggless England British
450g/1lb Fresh Asparagus
480ml/16fl.oz. Vegetable Stock
2 tbsp Butter
2 tbsp Flour
Salt and Pepper
1. Cut the tips off the asparagus (about 28mm/1˝ inches long), place in a
saucepan of boiling water and cook for 5-8 minutes or until tender.
2. Meanwhile, slice the remaining asparagus. Remove the tips from the boiling
water with a slotted spoon and set aside then add the uncooked sliced asparagus
to the boiling water and cook for 5-8 minutes, until tender
3. Meanwhile, melt the butter in a large saucepan, sprinkle in the flour and
cook for 2-3 minutes stirring constantly.
4. Mix the milk and stock together then add to the flour mixture a little at a
time, stirring constantly and cook until thickened.
5. Drain the asparagus stems and immediately add to the soup together with salt
and pepper, bring to the boil, stirring and cook for 5 minutes.
6. Add the tips, cook for 1 minute to heat through. Serve immediately.
Soup Recipes |
Hors d'oeuvre Recipes
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart. Why not print it off for future reference.
Convert all recipes written in metric or imperial quickly and easily. Metric/imperial users can do the same but the other way round - from
cups to grams or ounces.
If you've arrived at this page via a search engine, do take a few minutes to
look around the site. We're convinced you'll find lots more excellent recipes
and in depth culinary information covering a wide range of food related topics.