Lemon Roasted Chantenay with Feta & Mint
Couscous Salad Veg CD
ACC 35mins plus Cooling
4 Cold Vegetarian Vegetables
Fruit Accompaniment Salads Gluten Wheat Free Eggless
400g/14oz Chantenay carrots cut in half
130ml/4˝fl.oz boiling water
4 tbsp virgin olive oil
˝ teasp crushed chilli seeds
Juice of one large lemon
3 garlic cloves peeled and cut in half
1 bunch mint roughly chopped
200g/7oz Greek feta cheese roughly crumbled
Sea salt and black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 180C/350F/Gas Mark4.
2. Place the carrots and garlic in a roasting tray. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons
of the olive oil and the lemon juice. Season with sea salt and black pepper and
sprinkle on the chilli seeds. Roast in the oven stirring twice during the
cooking time for 20-25 minutes or until just tender but still with a bite. Then
3. Meanwhile mix the couscous with the boiling water, stir well, add the 2
remaining tablespoons of olive oil, season and cool.
4. Mix together the carrots, couscous and mint, then fold in the feta cheese.
Adjust seasoning if necessary.
More Carrot Recipes |
Summer Recipes | What's
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.
If you've arrived at this page via a search engine, do take a few minutes to
look around the site. We're convinced you'll find lots more excellent recipes
and in depth culinary information covering a wide range of food related topics.