Turkey and Ham Crumble
Pork Main Course
Eggless England British Britain Europe
For the Sauce
1 Onion, finely
2 tbsp Vegetable
1x 12cm/1/2 inch
thick Gammon Steak, cubed
Salt and Black
For the Topping
Leicester or Double Gloucester Cheese, finely grated
1. Preheat the oven to 200C, 400F, Gas Mark 6 and lightly grease a
shallow oven-proof dish.
2. For the sauce - Melt the butter in a
medium sized saucepan add the onions and fry gently until soft and transparent.
Sprinkle the flour over the onions and cook, stirring,
for a further minute.
3. Remove the pan from the heat and gradually add the stock a little at a
time, stirring constantly. Return to the heat and bring to the boil, stirring
until thickened. Set aside.
4. For the filling - Heat the oil in a frying pan add the gammon and turkey and stir-fry for
5. Add the gammon, turkey and sweetcorn to the sauce, mix well and season
to taste with salt and black pepper. Pour into an ovenproof dish.
6. For the topping - Place the flour in a large mixing bowl and rub in the butter with your
fingertips until it resembles breadcrumbs. Add the finely grated cheese and mix
Sprinkle the crumble evenly over the top of the turkey mixture.
in the oven for 30 minutes until the topping is golden brown. Serve immediately.
Poultry & Game Recipes | General
Poultry & Game Prep & Cooking Times
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.