Kangaroo Steak with Mushroom Sauce
HT MC Australian 20mins
4 Hot Game Alcohol Main Course Eggless Australia Oceania
4 x 175g/6oz Kangaroo
Flour to coat
2 tbsp Vegetable
1 Onion, finely
3 teasp very coarsely
ground Black Pepper
1 teasp Mustard
3 tbsp Freshly
the steaks with black pepper on all sides then coat with flour on all sides.
Shake off any excess.
2. Heat oil and butter in a large frying pan, add the steaks and sauté
for 3 minutes on each side. Transfer the steaks to a warmed platter, cover with foil
and leave in a warm place.
3. Add the onions and mushroom to the frying pan and sauté for 4- 5
4. Add the wine, bring to the boil then boil rapidly until most of it has
evaporated, stirring constantly.
5. Add the coconut milk and continue to stir until it starts to thicken
then stir in the pepper and mustard.
6. To serve - pour the
mushroom sauce over the steaks and sprinkle with chopped
coriander. Serve immediately.
Poultry & Game Recipes | General
Poultry & Game Prep & Cooking Times
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.