Catalan Chicken HT
Poultry Vegetables Alcohol Main Course Gluten Wheat free
Eggless Spain Europe
8 Chicken legs
Capsicums (sweet peppers)
2 Aubergines (eggplant)
2 tbsp Olive Oil
1 Garlic Clove,
˝ teasp Paprika
White Wine (check
1. Cut the aubergines into strips, place in colander in a large bowl, sprinkle with
salt, cover with a plate and leave for 10 minutes.
2. Wash and dry the chicken pieces and cut the capsicums into strips,
discarding the seeds.
3. Heat the oil in a large heatproof casserole. Add the chicken pieces
and fry over a high heat until golden brown on all sides. Remove from the pan and set
4. Add the peppers and onion
to the casserole and fry gently until the onions are softened.
5. Rinse the aubergine strips and dry on kitchen paper then add to the
casserole and saute for a few minutes.
6. Return the chicken to the casserole, cover with the tomato mixture,
aubergines and garlic.
7. Add the paprika and salt and pour in the wine. Cover and cook for 45
occasionally. Serve hot.
Chicken Recipes | General Prep & Cooking Times |
More Spanish Recipes
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the
cup, we have the most comprehensive weight to cups conversion table
on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids - so now you can
easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.