Watermelon Glazed Chicken
HT MC 30mins
Serves 4 Hot Poultry
Fruit Spices Main Course Eggless
For the Glaze
450g/1lb Watermelon Flesh, chopped
The Juice from 3 Lemons
1 tbsp Grated Lemon Zest
120ml/4fl.oz. Maple Syrup
˝ teasp Ground Cinnamon
2 tbsp Plain Flour
Salt and Pepper
4 Boneless Chicken Breasts, skinned
1-2 tbsp Olive Oil
1. Place the glaze ingredients in a saucepan and cook gently for 20 minutes,
stirring from time to time, until thick and well blended.
2. Meanwhile, season the flour with salt and pepper and use to coat the chicken
pieces on all sides.
3. Heat the butter and oil in a frying pan until hot and foaming, add the
chicken and sauté gently for 15-20 minutes, turning from time to time, until
4. To serve – transfer the chicken to warmed serving plates and pour the hot
sauce over the top. Serve immediately.
Serving Suggestions :
Chicken Recipes | General Preparation
& Cooking Times
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.