Venison and Sage Burgers
HT MC 35mins
Makes 4 Hot Meat Game Herbs Vegetables
Barbecues BBQ Main Course Dairy Free Eggless
1 Onion, roughly chopped
2 Garlic Cloves, roughly chopped
400g/14oz Venison Steak, diced
75g/3oz Streaky Bacon, rind removed and roughly chopped
6 Fresh Sage Leaves, roughly chopped
1 tbsp Tomato Ketchup
1 tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
Salt and freshly ground pepper
1. Place all the ingredients apart from the oil, in a food processor and process
to a coarse mince being careful not to over process as it shouldn’t be too
2. Divide the mixture into 4 parts and using wet hands, shape into burgers a
little less than 2.5cm/1-inch thick.
3. Heat a large frying pan to hot. Brush the burgers on one side with the oil
then place oiled side down in the hot frying pan and cook for 5 minutes.
4. Brush the up facing side of the burgers with a little more oil then turn and
continue to cook for a further 5 minutes or until cooked through.
Can also be cooked on the barbecue over medium/hot coals for the same length of
More Venison Recipes
Poultry Prep & Cooking Times |
More Burger Recipes
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.