Turkey Almond and Cheese Bake HT
Nuts Leftovers Main Course
Eggless Britain Europe
675g/1˝lb cooked (leftover) Turkey, diced
75g?3oz Whole Almonds, blanched
2 tbsp Plain Flour
2 tbsp Lemon Juice
Salt and Black Pepper
125g/5oz Cheddar Cheese
25g/1oz Parmesan Cheese
2 tbsp Freshly Chopped Parsley
1. Preheat the oven to 190C, 375F, Gas Mark 5 and lightly butter a shallow ovenproof dish.
2. Arrange turkey in the bottom of the dish.
3. Melt half the butter in a pan add the almonds and sauté for 2-3 minutes until golden. Sprinkle over the turkey.
4. Melt the remaining butter in the pan and add the flour. Cook for 1-2 minutes, stirring then add the lemon juice, salt, pepper and mixing well.
5. Gradually add the milk, stirring constantly and cook until smooth and thick.
6. Remove from the heat and stir in the cheddar cheese. Blend thoroughly until the cheese has melted.
7. Pour the sauce over the turkey and sprinkle with grated parmesan.
8.Bake for 30 minutes, until golden and bubbling. Serve immediately.
A great recipe to use up any leftover turkey at Christmas or Easter.
Poultry & Game Recipes | General
Poultry & Game Prep & Cooking Times
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.